Why celebrate chocolate just on February 14 when you could celebrate it all month long? Chefs at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants across the country are making much ado about chocolate throughout February, and everyone – not just hotel guests – are invited to Kimpton lobbies all over America from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 17, to enjoy complimentary mini chocolate tastes on “Chocolate Lover’s Day!” Find a Kimpton Hotel near you!
For our D.C.-area readers, here’s a listing of the Chocolate Lover’s Day Wine Hour Items & Featured Restaurant Desserts for February:
- BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier (adjacent to the Lorien Hotel and Spa), Chef de Cuisine Chris Watson:
- Featured desserts for the month: Chocolate Decadence with cherries, candied walnuts, and port wine reduction AND Roasted Banana and Chocolate Napoleon with rum sabayon, brûléed bananas, and vanilla ice cream. The Butcher’s Block will offer house-made hot chocolate.
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.
- Domaso (located in the Hotel Palomar Arlington), Chef Paul Healey:
- Featured desserts for the month: Rosemary Kissed Chocolate Silk Tart with vanilla bean sweet cream served with olive oil gelato and toasted pine nut brittle AND White Chocolate Napoleon with Sicilian pistachio gelato and roasted figs.
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Chocolate Fountain and mini samples of featured restaurant desserts.
- Firefly (adjacent to the Hotel Madera), Chef Danny Bortnick:
- Featured desserts for the month: Chocolate Terrine with banana’s foster sauce, cocoa nib tuile, pistachio, and sea salt AND Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting, chocolate pearls, cinnamon crème anglaise, and chocolate sauce.
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Mini red velvet cakes
- The Grille at Morrison House (in the Morrison House Hotel), Chef Dennis Marron:
- Featured dessert for the month: Chocolate Pot de Crème
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Mini Pot de Crème
- Jackson 20 (adjacent to the Hotel Monaco Alexandria), Chef Dennis Marron:
- Featured desserts for the month: Chocolate Pecan Pie AND Chocolate Pot de Crème
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies and Chocolatinis
- Poste Moderne Brasserie (adjacent to the Hotel Monaco, DC), Chef Robert Weland:
- Featured desserts for the month: Chocolate Panna Cotta with poached seckle pears AND Chocolate Terrine with kumquat cordial.
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Chocolate-champagne Petit Fours AND Chocolate Dipped Gooseberries.
- Urbana Restaurant & Wine Bar (adjacent to the Hotel Palomar, Washington), Chef John Critchley:
- Featured desserts for the month: Chocolate Pot de Crème with Salted Hazelnut AND White Chocolate and Orange Cheesecake with Pink Peppercorn Ice Cream
- 2/17 Wine Hour Special: Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Which February 17 wine hour special looks most appealing to you?
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Elizabeth Blackney and Stacey Viera, harleylebon. harleylebon said: THURSDAY: Free chocolate tastings at @Kimpton Hotels in D.C., nationwide! http://bit.ly/h7t2dD cc @TBDRestaurants RT @medializzy #sgp […]